What is Readerbound?
Publishers typically bind books in only two editions; paperback and hardcover. These two editions work well for casual readers but something more durable is necessary for titles with years of repeated use. Readerbound editions are built for classroom and library use, will last 10 times longer than paperbacks, and are backed with a Lifetime Warranty. We can turn any book into a Readerbound edition so if you don’t see it on our website let us know and we will add it to our collection.
The Highest Quality
Readerbound editions are built using high-grade materials and a hand-crafted process that puts the emphasis on the small details.
Readerbound editions are created with:
- Full-color graphics on the cover and spine
- Laminated covers to protect against sun and water damage
- Rounded and padded “Library Corners”
- Aggressive spine glue to prevent the book block from separating from the cover
- High-density cover board
- A reinforced book block to ensure pages stay intact
Our Lifetime Guarantee
Students are rough on books and even the best built novel will begin to show signs of wear over time. But we stand by our craftsmanship and guarantee that Readerbound editions will not fall apart before their natural life or we will repair or replace them for free.
Covers that match the original book
- No borders
- Original art on spines
- Wipes clean
- Durable 3 mil polyester laminate
High-density cover board
- 100% recycled material
- Lay-flat board stops warping
Reinforced book block
- Pages reinforced with steel wire stitching
- Elastic cold glue
- Stronger bond than industry standard
- Spine roughed to absorb more glue
- New end sheets
Covers built with "library corners"
- Extra padding
- Rounded corners
- More durable than traditional corners
Quality control at every stage
- Supervisors inspect work after each station
- Finished products are cleaned and inspected prior to shipment
Compare: Charlotte's Web
Compare: The Hunger Games
Compare: The Great Gatsby
Follettbound and Perma-bound pricing reflects standard website pricing and may not reflect extra discounts given for contracts, promotions, or other special offers.
Get a Sample
Contact us to request a free Readerbound catalog and/or a free sample book.